Feliz Cumpleanos, Xabi Alonso!


It’s officially 25th November which means my hero celebrates his birthday. Xabier Alonso Olano was born in Basque in 1981. He turns 32 today! Yay!

I remember that time when I first met him. ‘Met’? Are you sure with that word?? LOL. I watched that one game in World Cup 2006. It was Spain vs Ukraine. The first goal came from an unfamiliar player (for me at that moment). The next goal created by him. He was the main character of the game, if I could say. That’s why he got crowned Man of the Match. I’m sure y’all know who that player I’ve told is. Yep, he is Xabi Alonso.  
 
World Cup 2006 was over then I started watching English Premier League which the first match I watched was Liverpool vs Sheffield United. I only knew Steven Gerrard at that time. Then I saw Xabi Alonso and Luis Garcia in the team. They reminded me of Spain National Team and Xabi took me back to the moment when he brought La Furia Roja won against Ukraine. That was the time I started stalking him.

When everyone else’s admiring some popular names like Cristiano Ronaldo, David Beckham, Kaka, Frank Lampard, Alessandro Del Piero, Gianluigi Buffon, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Lionel Messi, Thierry Henry, etc., I adore some unfamiliar player named Xabi Alonso. When my friends ask me who is my favorite player I answered Xabi Alonso. For those who doesn’t watch football must be wondering who the heck is Xabi Alonso? LOL. :D Well, I’m an anti-mainstream-er.

And then that hard moment came. Xabi Alonso signed to Real Madrid. He left Liverpool. L Firstly, I could accept his decision until The Reds couldn’t get through UEFA Champions League final stage. I cried a lot. I’m still expecting that someday he will return. I can not move on. Sad.

But I’m happy for him for winning La Liga, Copa del Rey, and Supercopa de Espana with El Real. Anyway wherever he is I will always support him as much as I support him when he was at Liverpool. Either it is Real Madrid or Spain National Team, he gets my back.

Well, Xabi, I hope you have a very happy birthday. Keep healthy and stay classy. Long live, all the best wishes for you and family. You’ll Never Walk Alone!

Komentar

Postingan Populer